May 27, 2005

St. Jacobs Antique & Book Market

Brian and I discovered St. Jacobs Antique & Book Market in St Jacobs Ontario a few years ago. It is labelled as a "multi-dealer shop". That means it's big (3 floors) with many dealers booths. Brian and I like that because you can see lots of different antiques and collectibles under one roof.

The first floor is eclectic - good stuff mixed with junk. Take your time and you may find a treasure or two. The second floor is my fav, with better quality antiques and collectibles. I almost always find something to buy on this floor. The owner loves clocks so there are almost always some interesting ones to check out. Often you will find tea caddies although the last time we went they had none left.

The top floor has mostly secondhand books. Since that doesn't interest me I can't tell you much about them.

Our last trip was the first time we haven't bought something there. I don't know if we were just tired or not in the mood, but nothing caught my eye. The only thing that Brian wanted was a gorgeous old clock priced at several thousands of dollars. Needless to say we did not get it!

Prices vary - some are reasonable, some a bit high. But you can't go wrong checking it out, there is bound to be something that appeals.

No comments: